Engineering and Design
Atlas Energy Systems is looking to hire a physicist or electrical engineer to join the team and start working to enhance our cesium plasma thermionic energy converters. The Lead Technology Developer’s goal is to develop a complete understanding of the underlying physics of thermionic energy conversion and apply this to converter design. This position will lead the development of the thermionic converter technology to improve efficiency, reduce operating temperatures, and reduce manufacturing cost. This position is intended to prep the applicant for transition into the Chief Technical Officer position as they gain experience. We are looking for somebody who can work well independently as well as in a group. The hire would need to be organized, self-motivated, and able to solve complex engineering and mathematical problems. In this role, you will apply principles of engineering and physics to improve technology performance. The position will perform plasma physics, thermal, mechanical, and electrical modeling and simulations.
Atlas Energy Systems is a start-up company dedicated to generating cheap, portable, and reliable electricity in a multitude of industries. We are working on making green energy solutions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions world wide by introducing a product that can start to replace conventional energy production.
- M.S. in Physics or Electrical engineering or a related field from an accredited university along with 3+ years of experience
- PhD is Physics or Electrical Engineering or a related field from an accredited university
- Complete understanding of physical electronics, physical chemistry, and/or plasma physics
- Ability to use simulation software packages such as COMSOL, Matlab, Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor, or other simulation packages
- Solve engineering problems related to heat transfer or plasma physics using finite element analysis
- Strong technical writer and can convey research findings in presentations to groups
- Proficient problem solving and communication skills
How To Apply
To apply please send an email to email@example.com with a link to this job posting and an attached .pdf of your resume. Applications without a link to the job posting will be reviewed with the assumption that you are looking to fill any open position at Atlas Energy Systems.